Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jury Duty

I watch a lot of Law and Order on NBC and reruns on TNT. I am currently on Jury Duty. I have been on a trial now for a little over a week. I have been quite interested in watching how the legal system works. It's often shown to be quite an exciting event on television and movies and as a juror I'll have a front row seat! WOO HOO! (Enter Real Life) I fell asleep the first day. I know I'm a horrible person falling asleep doing my civic duty and everything, but in real life...trials are boring. I won't go into any specifics as the trial is still going on, but...it's NOTHING like television. If you're ever on jury duty and get picked for a trial, GET OUT OF IT! I found out one sure fire way of getting out of being picked for a trial. Act like you're crazy. Speak up when ever you feel like it about whatever is going on in your mind at the time...no matter who is talking...and do it LOUDLY. That and drool A LOT. Follow these simple rules and you're sure to get out of any jury service. Now go watch some Law and Order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home