Thursday, June 29, 2006

Superman Returns

I have to start out by saying that I was very impressed with this movie. I felt that it was done very well. Think Batman Begins. At several points in the movie I actually got chills. Especially the opening credits as they play the iconic Superman theme song. Very well done.
The casting was spot on in my opinion. Brandon pulled of the role as both Clark Kent and Superman very well. He has an innocent charm to both characters that is very necessary to the role. Both the Perry White and Jimmy Olsen roles were also perfectly cast as well. Lois was alright, in my opinion. But Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was great! He played it as a more funny character, like Gene Hackman did for the first two movies. I prefer my Lex a little more dark, but this worked too.
There were one or two points that were pushing it a little, even for a superhero movie. I don't want to say more, because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
The last point I want to make was, with all the technology we have today in the movies, they did a wonderful job at making Superman fly. They did for Superman's flying what the Spiderman movies have done for web slinging. It was so believable! The quiet flying with the cape flapping noise was perfect!
Go see this movie. Go see it twice! Very much worth the money. Now I can't wait for the DVD so I can watch all the bonus features!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it last week. I was very impressed with the flying also. I enjoyed it but a few things did bother me which I won't go into as I don't want to ruin it for anyone else. Well worth the $$ to see it in the theater. Now, to see Pirates! :)

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home