Monday, April 10, 2006

eBay


I am just like everyone else and I am down with ebay. If you can imagine it - someone is selling it on ebay. Plus they have this "buy it now" button just in case you just cant wait to have a celebrities kidney stones or chewed gum. I have bought and sold all kinds of fun stuff but there are some things I come across that make no sense to me. One thing that irritates me is how everyone puts the word "rare" in the listing with bold letters and asterisks. Your item is *NOT* rare or you wouldn't have it or be selling it for 99 cents. Stop putting that word in you auction. The only exception would be if you were selling steaks and you listed a live cow. Otherwise, QUIT IT.
I am amazed sometimes with what people try to sell. The other day I was searching around and came across an auction where someone was selling t-shirts, which is not so weird, but the shirts were dirty and torn and had a message on the front that read " I survived 9/11 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." Can you believe that? What is wrong with people? So I read through the description and found the word "rare", so i scrolled up to see the quantity available and it was like 10,000 or something. I wonder how many times "buy it now" was clicked. In the fine print at the bottom I found something interesting. It said "When purchasing this item you will also recieve a free one way ticket staight to hell." Yippee!! I bet that started a "buy it now" frenzy. Have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home