Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sactramento Temple

I got a chance to work at the temple in the Parking detail. I headed out to Folsom from my work in Roseville and got there in 30 minutes. I reported to the worker office in the back of the Mormon Center at 4:00 pm. They read the list of names and gave out the assignments. To my dismay, I was not on the list! I asked if I could help out anyway and was told to hang out and wait. A few minutes later, some one handed me a radio and the keys to a golf cart. I was told to pick up people walking in the lot and take them to either their cars or the tour entrance. Oh man was that fun! I ended up working to about 10:40 pm taking workers who got off at 10 to their cars way out in the field parking lot. The temple is so beautiful, especially at night! I feel so lucky and happy to have a real life temple only 40 minutes from my house! I'm doing my first tour this afternoon, I cant wait to see inside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home