Saturday, February 02, 2008

Un-Patriotic

I am concerned with my own lack of patriotism. Until the other day I would never have questioned my undying devotion to the American Way and my admiration for the founding fathers who created this freedom we all enjoy. The reason for the self doubt is this...I threw up on a statue of Benjamin Franklin. This is not a joke. I was on my weekly visit to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I passed through the "Shrine To Ben Franklin" area with the large marble statue when I had an uncontrollable urge to vomit. And I did. All over the marble floor and onto the dais that supports our founding father Ben Franklin. All of this right in front of the old lady who sits at the information desk counter. She walked over to me as I rummaged through my bag to find anything I could use to wipe up the hot sick mess. I was told that someone else would be cleaning it up and that I should simply leave. Which I did, as fast as I could. Now the question is, do I ever go back there? I think I will. They have a Star Wars exhibit there next week. Maybe I can barf on an Ewok.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Tee - you make me laugh. But if you're going to barf on a Star Wars character, you should barf on the Emperor Whatshisname - you know, that evil ugly dude who corrupted Addikin and turned him to the Dark Side. Now there's a guy who deserves an upchuck or two. Hope your stomach's all better though. I'm sure Ben forgives you.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move to Russia you Commie!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm calling MacArthur.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home