Tuesday, April 08, 2008

War, What is it Good For?

I've been watching Band of Brothers lately. That is one excellent series. It's quite bloody and very realistic, so you squeamish shouldn't watch it...or fight in any wars, if you can help it.
Living on a University campus, like I do, you see a lot of Anti-War slogans everywhere. I saw one today on my walk that said "War What is it Good for? Absolutely Nothing!" It's got me thinking about War a bit. "War, what is it good for?.." well, let me see...the American Revolution created America. The Civil War freed the slaves (and made sure that the southern accent remained in the South where it belongs). World War I, got revenge for the Arch Duke Ferdinand, something else I'm sure, but I don't recall and am too tired to look it up. World War II, stopped Hitler's insane march across the World, ended the holocaust and provided the Video Game industry with an entire genre to pull from. The Korean War, gave us M.A.S.H. Vietnam, maybe we'll leave this one out. As you can see there are reasons for war. I'm not saying that the Iraq war is good or bad, but to oppose all war all together is ridiculous. If we all could live in peace with one another all the time, I'm absolutely going to sign up for that...but we don't. There are crazy people in the world looking to blow others up for some reason or another and sometimes people have to fight those people. War is the means for a people to stop oppression, protect themselves and others...and a few other things that I can't think of right now cause it's late.
I didn't mean to turn the Primate Cage (which I have started referring to as simply "The Cage") into a serious place for me to post, but hey, it's my blog...love it or leave it! I just re-read this post. I really thought I was going to post something serious here...I guess it's physically impossible for me to write about anything without putting some jokes in. Joking about War isn't very sensitive...but I don't really care. If you want sensitivity, go here: Sensitive Blog

3 Comments:

Blogger acons said...

Looks like I'm not the only one having a hard time coming up with a comment. Yes, sometimes there are valid reasons and it becomes neccessary to fight, especially when a nation must defend or protect but other times... It's a crazy and evil world we live in. I long for the time when it won't be.
And as for the Sensitive Blog, aaawwwww....
How's the packing going?

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I can't wait until we live in a serene utopia where violence is never imagined and war is a long forgotten memory. That way, it will be very easy for me to take over with a horde of brainwashed warrior clones, laying waste to the cities of the world that have no means of fighting back.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home