Monday, February 09, 2009

Two Blue Barrels

I noticed today at work there are two blue barrels in the lobby with flyers on them indicating that we are supposed to be putting food into them. The flyers seem to have just been created in Word and taped to these barrels. And you know what? There is actually food in them! My question is this: Who put these barrels here? If I got a hold of a blue barrel and placed it in an office lobby and asked people to put some items in them with a poorly designed flyer, would people actually fill them? I think so! Which leads me to my next question. Why am I working everyday like a sucker when I could be simply placing barrels in locations to obtain my daily needs. One barrel for food, gift certificates to restaurants accepted. One barrel for childrens clothing. Who knows, maybe just a barrel asking people to put in money. I think that the only reason I don't do this, is that it's probably illegal...and would most likely land me a seat in Hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane dough said...

But you could get a free lunch everyday! You just might have to eat weird cans of creamed corn or beanie weenies

11:01 AM  
Blogger Laura C. said...

I think it's a good question you asked! I mean, really, who couldn't use some free extras - and it's not as if you're FORCING anyone to put anything into the bin. It's totally their choice. And with no official charity designated, they don't know who it's going to anyway.

Maybe you could just rummage through the stuff and take what you want. It doesn't say you can't TAKE from the bin does it?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home