Friday, August 31, 2007

Well, here we are in Philadelphia

After a few days of driving across the wilderness I have received an appreciation for the Pioneers who got into their cars and drove across the plains. Upon arriving in Philadelphia we discovered what a dirty stinky city it can be. I think that Laura's Dad and I drove into the city from the wrong side of the tracks. Unfortunately, the wrong side of the tracks is where our apartment was supposed to be. The good news is that it wasn't ready for us when we got there allowing us to break the lease and find other arrangements. We were uncertain as what to do at first, then a kind young man helped us make up our minds when he yelled "What's Crack-a-lackin' Cracker!" at me as I stood on the side of the road near our "new" place. We decided to find a new place nearer to the University campus. The crap town apartment management company put us up in the Sheraton hotel in University City. Boy oh boy was it swanky! Right next door was a beautiful apartment complex that was brand new, and oozed security and comfort. It is called DOMUS. You can see their site here http://www.domuspa.com (Don't choke when you see the prices, we have one of the smallest apartments). They made us jump through tons of hoops and do a few dances until they would let us sign any lease on the apartment. They also made my Mom and Dad jump though a few hoops and do some dances as well, and because they are such wonderful folks, the people who control the keys at Domus finally gave in and let us have an apartment. The problem is, we can't move in until next week. So, for now, we are spending a fortune staying in the Sheraton hotel. If you are reading this, and are rich, feel free to send me tons of money as that is what we really need right now.
On another note, I'm sure you are all wondering what happened in the Summer 2007 Tennis Classic Balls of Fury match...Stay tuned, I will be posting the final update soon! Peace out my friends and enemies.

Tracy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things fell through. I can't imagine how I'd feel If I moved 3000 miles to find that my home wasn't ready yet! But I am glad that you have a chance to be in a better neighborhood. We were the crackers in our first place in a new city - what fun!
The new place looks terrific. The amenities alone make it wonderful. Laura can study in the e-lounge if she needs quiet, and there is a gym, and a pool! As far as prices - I've seen worse for much less value. Anyone who gives you a hard time about the price can help you pay for it!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! And parking. Included parking is amazing!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you guys got there safely. Sorry to hear about the digs....sounds like its working itself out though. Keep in touch.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair to the young lad, you are a cracker. And I also have been wondering what in fact is crack-a-lackin'. Yo Holmes, smell ya later!

Tony

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home