Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Philadelphia Adventure Update 9/05


For all our adoring fans, here is my update on our Philadelphia Adventure. We checked out of the Sheraton for good this morning and into our new apartment. Wow, what a nice place. For those of you who haven't seen the web site for where we're living now, you can check it out here DomusPa.com. Our apartment is called "Ia" on the site. Yes, you did see correctly...we are paying a TON of money to live here. Let me explain why for a moment.
Philadelphia is just like you see in the movies. There are two types of people here. We have the type that work in the fancy high rise buildings, and the type behind those buildings taking a dump. It's not a city for your average Joe, like I consider myself. A few of the more "Rustic" parts of town have me thinking back to my Mission days, and not in a good way (Think 'Nam flashbacks "Johny!!!!"). We found the area the rich people live. They are the high rise condos that cost millions of dollars for a studio apartment. The are secured by a team of surly looking "you better not be talking directly to me" type of door men who keep the vagrants from peeing on the red carpets. We don't have the millions of dollars it takes to move in there so we opted for the next best thing. The fortress from the people who want to stab me, The Domus.
Of course we don't exactly have the money for this place either, but Laura and I talked a good show for the background check and I did a few tap dance maneuvers with some tricky flourishes and ended it all with my best Jazz Hands. Then they decided after talking to my Dad (with his Thurston Howl type accent) that we must be from the upper crust, and they let us in. To which we reply...suckers! But seriously..it is a bit pricey. We will be going heavy into debt this year, so I guess live it up! I plan on taking every bit of "perks" that this place offers. For instance, I had three of the free sodas they offer downstairs as well as a hand full of cookies. Plus, I played a round of pool...for no real reason except I could.
Right now I am typing this Blog entry while sitting on the rooftop cafe area overlooking this fine city, enjoying the brisk wind, the lights from the city, the smell of urine in the air, and the people calling each other "A-Holes" while zipping around at 400 miles per hour in their death mobiles blaring their horns and gesturing crudely. I think I figured out why I have never heard anyone say "Aw, Philly." in a fond tone. I had better close my laptop. While I have been writing this there has been an Urban Camper trying to convince me to "Toss" him a couple of bucks. My tactic has been to pretend I am deaf and now I am getting a speech on why I think I am better then he is. So long my Friends. Until Next Time.

Tracy

P.S. The "Rocky" statue really freaks my dog out. Weird. I think she is afraid of effigies of fictional characters.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck.....only 11 1/2 more months to go!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you live somewhere safe. Your apartment is almost as big as the Lime Crest house (which was 1234 sq ft.) Hope you'll find some good things about Philly this year.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather difficult being rich. If it wasn't for the money, I'd rather be poor.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cracker.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleek. Edgy. Infinitely flexible. That sounds like Gumby and his pal Pokey. I am not sure I was cool enough even to be looking at the "Domas" blueprints. That's pronounced "dumbass" right? You'd think a classy place like that would have picked a fancier name.
Seriously, though, if it's as nice as its website, it sounds like the perfect place. Only way to far from our house! Say hi to the Fresh Prince for me --miss you guys!!!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home